Monday 10 August 2015

Curls and Prints

 I do believe the last time I wrote a blog post about hair was some time ago so it's about time we catch up!
Since my last post, my fully blonde head has turned into brown roots and blonde ends.
Early 2014 was the last time any harsh chemical was put in my hair.
Since then it's been nothing but deep conditioning/hair masks and learning the lay of the land (or hair. Whichever you prefer...)

Falling in love with yourself doesn't make you vain or selfish. It makes you indestructible.

Living in the Caribbean means heat galore, which means a lot more moisturizer is needed.
During the past year I've tried several products until L'Oreal came out with a sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner earlier this year.
I jumped on it as soon as it hit the shelves and I've been reaping results ever since.
It made all the difference.
My hair feels lighter and is easier to manage.
I've also incorporated another product by L'Oreal called EverSleek.
It's a humidity defying leave-in cream that works wonders on my hair.
It keeps my curls defined, (they tend to be crunchy at first) and then once the day goes on my curls become a lot more loose and flow effortlessly. 
The newest product that I've added to my regimen is an oil treatment.
MATRIX Oil Wonders' Indian Amla is a strengthening oil which can be used before, during and/or after shampoo and conditioner has been applied.
I use this product to target my ends which tend to lose moisture faster than the roots and shaft.

Don't let anyone determine who you are.

Unfortunately, I'm still on the hunt for a good shine spray. I gave TRESemmé's Smooth & Silky Shine Spray a trial period but found it left a sticky residue on my hair.
No bueno.

I'm currently toying with the idea of getting my hair cut to the shortest set of layers I have, just to see what happens.
I find the top section of my hair is more defined while the bottom still looks straight.

She was the word you wished you could have said.
Whenever I sit and think about where my hair and I would be had I entertained the choir of opinions on what should be done with it, I have a laugh to myself.

The previous length had me feeling like I was drowning. The straightened hair felt lifeless. The dark hair had people questioning my health.
Change was necessary.

Of those who felt entitled enough to try to inform me of what hairstyle should be my next choice, a few said curly hair (my natural texture btw) wouldn't suit me after going away from it for so long.
Feel free to chime in and admit you were wrong any time. 

There are so many types of art but you are my favourite

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, feel free to leave a comment!