Friday 28 August 2015

Orange is the New Black

They say people stick with what's comfortable but as an artist I try to keep switching it up. However when it comes to working with Haleek Maul, I'm definitely willing to make an exception. The rapper was back in Barbados for a while preparing to go on the MartyrLoserKingdom tour with fellow musician Saul Williams so we decided to do another shoot together.

You might remember the last collab we had from one of my earlier blog posts and the fire shots that produced. We set up shop near his home again this time and ended up stumbling on to a pretty cool location I intend to save for future shoots. The shoot was going just fine until I noticed a neon orange hoodie stashed in his bag. It turned out to be a piece from his upcoming collection so I got to brainstorming. I came up with the idea for him to throw on the hoodie and take some shots with the industrial scenery in the background. What comes next was the result of my genius idea.


The Money God himself













Haleek Christ


The only prisoner allowed out during recreation time









Since then Mr. Maul has been pretty active with his own career releasing his self-directed music video, "Money God". Still no word yet though on a release date for Prince Midas

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, feel free to leave a comment!