Thursday 16 October 2014

Hair Journey #1



Why did you start taking better care of your hair?
My hair has always gone from one extreme to the other: extremely oily to extremely dry. I'll be honest, during 2012-2013 I really neglected my hair. It was in a horrible state, split ends galore! I was constantly putting chemicals in my hair and that really wasn't helping either. (Talk about adding fuel to the fire.) At the beginning of this year however, I came across Aisha Thalia on Instagram and she really inspired me to take a serious interest in my hair. I'll admit the thought of cutting my hair didn't seem like an exciting path to take because the shorter the hair the more time you need to invest in keeping it healthy. However the more I thought about it, the more I realized I wanted my hair to look its best. I wanted my curls to come back and look more defined. So I took the jump.

Do you have any hair challenges?
My main hair challenge is the difference in thickness and the fact that my hair has three different hair textures: the roots are kinky, the middle section is wavy while the ends are straight-ish. Also, I struggle to find cute styles that are quick and easy to do.

At this point, what is more important: Health or Length?
At this point of my hair journey I'm focused on health. 

It's all about falling in love with yourself.
What are your two favourite products?
I'm really loving Curls Unleashed moisturizing conditioner and TRESemmé's smooth & silky Shine Spray.

What is your favourite part of your hair regimen?
Co-Washing 

What is the most annoying part of your hair regimen?
Detangling 

Learn to embrace the messy stages of curly hair

If you could change one thing about your curls, what would it be?
I'd love for them to be more defined/tighter and less frizzy.

When was the last time you visited the salon?
August, 2014

How do you style your hair on a regular day?
If it's during the week and I'm at work, it's usually in a banana clip, any other time my hair is usually out.

Rules are made to be broken, not every hair tip will work for you

Do you have a hair crush? If so, who?

What advice would you give to someone now starting their hair journey?
Keep it simple, don't expect miracles during the first 6-12 months. Be very patient and loving because with health comes length.

"that's why her hair is so big because it's full of secrets."


 Any tips or tricks for managing curly hair are much appreciated. I'd like to gradually move towards using organic treatments instead of products that may strip the natural keratin from my hair. Thanks for reading, stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, feel free to leave a comment!